New Image Of TF-2000
16 Dec 2016 Leave a comment
Turkish Navy published a new computer rendering of TF-2000 air defence warship. Since the ship design is not finalised yet, this image should be seen as an indicative. As is, the ship resembles the contemporary European AAW warships very much. A proven and familiar design shows that Turkish Navy has chosen a more or less conservative approach in designing TF-2000.
According to the image the ship will have the following sensors and weapons:
- 1 x (2?) Seahawk helicopter
- 4 x STAMP remote controlled gun systems
- 2 x 21 cell Mk49 RAM launcher
- 5 x 8 cells of VLS, probably for air defence missiles
- 2 x 2 torpedo launcher
- Long range search radar, probably L-band
- Electro-optic sensor mast
- 16 x surface to surface missiles
- ÇAFRAD phased array radar
- 8 cells of VLS
- 1 x 127mm gun
It is interesting to note that there is two different kind of VLS, indicating that there will be at least two different types of air defence missiles. The smaller VLS (10) might also be reserved for another type of weapon such as cruise missiles.
The anti-ship missile load, conservatively located in amidships, is the double of what we usually see on Turkish warships.
The development of the main sensor system of the ship was contracted to ASELSAN in 2013.
It is nice to see that the TF-2000 air defence warship project is coming along slowly but nicely.